Health and Safety
When we welcome you, we pledge to provide you with a safe environment.
Every step of our Guest Experience has its own set of protocols to guarantee your safety and well-being while fulfilling our vision: Providing an excellent service. Driven by our values, every operation will be aligned with the new hospitality standards, in compliance with social distancing norms, food safety, and cleaning standards. We actively develop and supervise our protocols to ensure a continuous focus on the health and safety of our guests, team members, and suppliers, as we are strongly committed to health and safety at our facilities and in our community.
Before Your trip
The Peruvian Government has taken the following measures to fight COVID-19:
- As part of the economic reactivation, international flights had been resumed. Likewise, health and safety protocols have been approved for hotels, restaurants, train services, travel agencies, guides, hostels and for adventure tourism, among others.
- Foreign travelers are permitted to enter Peru without the need to comply with quarantine upon arrival only if they have a molecular test (PCR) that indicates that they do not have coronavirus. This test must be done a maximum of 72 hours before check-in.
- Cleaning protocols are adopted to disinfect every area on an ongoing basis.
- Use of cleaning products and specific protocols to clean and disinfect public areas is focused on high-touch and high-traffic areas, such as counters and front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys, among others.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the hotel, especially in high traffic areas.
- Public areas have been reorganized according to new maximum capacity requirements. The spaces are duly signposted in compliance with the social distancing requirements.
- Transparent screens or other physical barriers will be installed in spaces such as front desk, bar or restaurant areas when necessary.
- Public access restrooms are cleaned according to protocols.
- Non-contact greetings to practice physical distancing (6 feet or 1.8 meters).
- Guests must wear masks and follow local regulations.
- We minimize high-touch physical areas and take extreme precautions when exchanging items between guests and staff (check-in, room key, payment, amenities, etc.)
- We have installed gel alcohol disinfection stations in public areas, as well as sinks and soap in strategic areas.
- All guests and team members should wash their hands frequently.
- All luggage will be disinfected on arrival.
- All guests needs to submit to temperature check upon entering the hotel and on a daily basis.
- Those whose temperature is higher than the established one will not be able to enter and will be advised to go to the corresponding health facility.
- Implementation of strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols for all rooms before guest’s arrival and after their departure. Non-essential, high- touch items were removed.
Food & Beverage
- Culinary staff is being retrained in safe food handling and preparation, and hygiene protocols are being reinforced.
- Our buffet services were adapted in accordance with current regulations, and we have added “a la carte” options at the bar/restaurant, for room service (valid for El Mercado which has these two options), and to take away.
- We have created tailored options for groups and have made privates spaces available.
- Digital menu options and displayers are available.
- We encourage contactless payment for all services as much as possible.
Bar Service (El Mercado)
- Cocktail accessories are disinfected after every use.
- Cleaning procedures have been updated for equipment and glassware.
- Our team members have taken additional training in Compliance with the requirements of competent authorities on Covid-19 and safety and disinfection protocols.
- Every team member of the hotel will use the required mask and personal protective equipment (PPE) as part of their uniform.
- All staff and guests must maintain a distance of 6 feet (1.8 meters). When not possible, protective equipment will be required for the staff.
- We have released an internal protocol regulating the use of face masks, frequently and proactive temperature checks, and a disinfection process for all staff member entering work premises. We will be monitoring carefully any symptoms related to COVID-19 on a daily basis. If there is the slightest suspicion of the virus, he/she will be sent to testing immediately and the health protocol will be placed in effect.
- All staff members have access to hand washing and hand sanitizing, disinfecting products and protective equipment before they perform their tasks.
- There will be designated areas to check the temperature of team members and suppliers, in a discreet and non-invasive manner.
Activities and other services
- A briefing on safety and health measures will be given to all guests before each activity.
- Guests, guides and drivers are required by law to wear a mask while in vehicles, trains and any form of transportation.
- All tours and activities will be offered in a private format or in smaller groups, when possible.
- For small group activities, safe distancing will be implemented between guests and staff.
- All equipment will be disinfected after each use.
- Third party suppliers and other service providers must comply with Mountain Lodges of Peru hygiene/safety standards.
These health and safety measures will be reviewed and updated regularly by MLP as needed in compliance with Peruvian Ministry of Health’s requirements to ensure our guests the best possible experience.